Monday, October 17, 2011

The Height of Haiku Challenge - Conclusion

Today's Theme : conclusion



So I am two weeks late with this post, but hey, I had a hectic week in the office and I work staggered hours. Anyway, 30 haiku in 30 days, I thought, was a mountain too high. But it turned out to be a journey I had enjoyed. Because along the way, I met many wonderful and talented poets, enjoyed their works and received their encouragement and compliments, there is only one way, and that is to finish the challenge. Thanks, Leo, for this journey!

And one more thing. Do you guys like the little badge I generated for this challenge?








write


the pond
still in the middle of the night-

a ripple arcs to shore.


30/09/2011
**********



and here are my personal favourites that I have written for this exercise :

Day 2 - mirror

Day 5 - flourish

Day 6 - kiss

Day 9 - yearn

Day 12 - moon

Day 18 - home

Day 23 - water

Day 25 - cold

Day 28 - charm

Day 30 - geylang




© cheong lee san ( dsnake1 ), 2011

2 comments:

Nanka said...

This is a nice Haiku!! You can picture it as well as feel the serene scene of a lonely ripple gliding to embrace the shore!!

dsnake1 said...

thank you, Nanka!

i thought i started the challenge with the title "write", and should end it with the same title too. :)