Thursday, April 14, 2016

SingPoWriMo 2016 - Day #14

SingPoWriMo 2016 Day #14.

Good thing I didn't commit myself to a poem a day, or I will be siao liao. The office work is piling up, the muse goes AWOL, I spend more time at the PS3 than usual...

But I think this piece is not too bad...



what have i got myself into?



fill


we run from the sudden midday rain
run to malls and cafes and tunnels and bus shelters
all of us, minding our own business
in our own little spaces
just a while ago
and the rain fills the city
and the pigeons and mynahs and flies
and the dull trees and shrubs and grass
and empty pizza boxes and cigarette butts
and trash bins and traffic lights
and the streets filled with road signs
no waiting-no parking-TOW AWAY ZONE-
drive carefully

are given a new wash of life
and
when the rain goes away
sudden as it came
the midday sun starts burning again
the side walks fill
       the trains fill
          the hospitals fill
              the columbaria fill


14/04/2016
**********



© cheong lee san ( dsnake1 ), 2016

No comments: