Wednesday, November 21, 2018

diary of gluttony #4

Reporting from : Holland Drive Market and Food Centre



photo by dsnake1 



What I ate :

Cantonese wonton noodles, stall #02-23. Prepared in a very traditional way, the wonton is silky and smooth, with generous fillings of fresh shrimp and pork. The soup is flavourful, with hints of dried fish. The noodles are springy, not overcooked. Extra points given because the aunty helper offered to scissor-cut noodles for this old man. At $4 a meal, good value. Recommended.

chee cheong fun, arrg! forgot the stall number but the stall name reminds me of a Korean TV drama. When I was living in the area in my twenties, there was a stall in a coffeeshop that I swear, sells the best chee cheong fun in Singapore. I suspect this could be the same stall. (I went to look around the coffeeshop and the stall was no longer there.)Okay, back to the chee cheong fun. It was still made by hand. I asked for the char siew filling, at $3.50 a plate. It is still good, the sauce aromatic, the skin thin, but I find the texture of the skin a tad not that silky. Anyway, still worth a try.



photo by dsnake1


diary of gluttony #4


old friend -
the rain tree
more ferns on its trunk




21/11/2018
**********



© cheong lee san ( dsnake1 ), 2018

No comments: